- Use power bars to reduce phantom loads, or the energy used by an appliance simply by being plugged in
- Purchase an LCD television over a plasma, to reduce energy consumption significantly
- Preferably use a notebook computer over a desktop to reduce energy consumption
- Replace traditional light bulbs with CFLs
- Building Envelope
- Bedrooms/Home Office
- Laundry Room
- Heating and Cooling
- Description of the area of the home and a breakdown of the Checklist section that deals with that area.
- Tips that you can easily implement for little or no cost to improve comfort and energy efficiency in your home.
- Upgrade Opportunities that address home improvements that take a greater commitment, either of time or money, and could significantly improve a home’s comfort and energy efficiency. These can be done by a homeowner who has skills in this area or a professional.