- Reduce target temperature on the heating system to 19C in the winter, and increase the target temperature to 26C in the summer
- Install and use a programmable, set-back thermostat
- Use ceiling fans, standing fans or open windows to cool spaces
- Use drapery to minimize cool drafts in the winter and minimize solar heat in the summer
- Turn off air conditioners if no one will be in the home for an extended period of time
- Building Envelope
- Bedrooms/Home Office
- Laundry Room
- Heating and Cooling
- Description of the area of the home and a breakdown of the Checklist section that deals with that area.
- Tips that you can easily implement for little or no cost to improve comfort and energy efficiency in your home.
- Upgrade Opportunities that address home improvements that take a greater commitment, either of time or money, and could significantly improve a home’s comfort and energy efficiency. These can be done by a homeowner who has skills in this area or a professional.