- Hang a clothesline outside, if possible; if not, find an area of the home where you are able to hang clothes to dry
- If possible, use the sensor mode on the clothes dryer to minimize drying time and conserve energy
- Remove lint from the dryer filter every time the dryer is used
- Clean dryer vent regularly (output pipe) to prevent build up
- Building Envelope
- Bedrooms/Home Office
- Laundry Room
- Heating and Cooling
- Description of the area of the home and a breakdown of the Checklist section that deals with that area.
- Tips that you can easily implement for little or no cost to improve comfort and energy efficiency in your home.
- Upgrade Opportunities that address home improvements that take a greater commitment, either of time or money, and could significantly improve a home’s comfort and energy efficiency. These can be done by a homeowner who has skills in this area or a professional.